MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine Physician to serve as Faculty for the Family Medicine Residency Program. MercyOne Family Medicine Residency program is an ACGME accredited, community based program, with a strong mission to train future family physicians. MercyOne offers a competitive compensation with CME, paid malpractice, sign on, and 401k. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and growing residency program.
- MercyOne Family Medicine Residency program was established in 1997.
- The residency program provides optional training in rural medicine, integrative medicine and OMT.
- Partnership with Primary Health Care Inc. allows for a diverse and underserved population of patients.
- Works directly with the Program Director and Associate Program Director in developing the family medicine program, advising and precepting residents, didactic teaching, scholarly activities, direct patient care and role-modeling patient care in the clinic and inpatient setting to residents.
- Ideal candidate will have skills in full-spectrum family medicine. Candidates with prior teaching or practice experience are preferred, but will consider those applicants with a desire to teach.
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a non-profit Catholic health care provider that is Joint Commission accredited. MercyOne Des Moines’ hospitals, with a total of 875 beds, include MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center, MercyOne Children’s Hospital, MercyOne Centerville Medical Center and MercyOne Newton Medical Center. Approximately 7,000 staff members and a medical staff of about 1,200 Physicians, MercyOne is one of the largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers. MercyOne is a member of MercyOne Network and is part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), which is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado. CHI operates in 18 states and includes 103 hospitals and multiple other facilities and services. MercyOne is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines, Iowa.
Greater Des Moines is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live with its strong job market, low cost of living and entertainment options! Surrounding suburbs are known for top-notch schools and clean, safe neighborhoods. Cultural events, music and art festivals, Des Moines’ Downtown Farmer’s Market, the Iowa State Fair and Iowa Cubs games at Principal Park are just a few attractions Des Moines has to offer! This big small town is a wonderful place to live with its big city features and a small town heart.