Chair, Department of Family Medicine
- Prisma Health - Upstate
- Greenville, SC
- Faculty, Family Physician, Chair
- South Carolina
- Job type
- Salary commensurate with experience
Chair, Department of Family Medicine Greenville, SC
Prisma Health, the largest healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a dynamic, driven, forward- thinking leader to chair the Department of Family Medicine in the Upstate. The Department Chair is a member of Prisma Health-Upstate’s senior leadership and as such has a shared responsibility for the System’s overall performance. At the System level, the Chair helps establish and achieve annual and multi-year goals. At the Department level, the Chair is responsible for organizing, developing, and aligning his/her department to be a positive contributor to the System by advancing clinical, academic, and medical staff activities.
- In collaboration with the leadership of Prisma Health and University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Greenville, lead the department into the next phase of growth and innovation across three residency programs and clinical practices that span rural, suburban, and urban community settings.
- Assure delivery of excellent clinical education and advanced training to the medical students, residents and fellows. Provide oversight for the residency and fellowship programs within the department, including faculty.
- Recruit, hire and retain outstanding faculty within the department of Family Medicine. Promote scholarly activities on the part of faculty, trainees and students. Mentor faculty and assist with their personalized professional development.
- Lead and ensure the commitment to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and inclusive, while engaging the entire team for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care.
- Coach, mentor and develop others to build internal capabilities and the talent that facilitates succession. Foster open communication and teamwork, and champion change. Effectively manage conflict and seek opportunities for collaborative solutions.
- MD or DO with Board Certification in Family Medicine
- 10+ years of leadership experience in healthcare
Prisma Health-Upstate Department of Family Medicine is dedicated to providing the finest patient care while seeking innovative solutions to optimizing population health in our communities. We are committed to compassionate patient care, advanced medical education, and innovative clinical research across all 4 GHS regions in the Upstate of South Carolina. Our team of 90 physicians, 40 advanced practice providers, and 3 residency programs delivers care at 29 practice locations across the Upstate.
Prisma Health-Upstate employs 16,000 people, including 1,200+ physicians on staff. Our system includes clinically excellent facilities with 1,627 beds across 8 campuses. Additionally, we host 14 residency and fellowship programs and a 4-year medical education program: University of South Carolina School of Medicine–Greenville, located on Prisma Health-Upstate’s Greenville Memorial Medical Campus. We are a designated Level I Emergency Trauma Center and also have a separate research facility. https://prismahealth.org/
Upstate, SC is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte, and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes, we also enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Megan Godfrey, Director of Physician Services, Megan.Godfrey@prismahealth.org; 864-797-7922