Des Moines University seeks a faculty member in the Physician Assistant Program who will work in cooperation with the Program Director, program faculty and staff, and other university departments to create and maintain an exceptional educational program for physician assistant students. All faculty positions include teaching, scholarly activity and service responsibilities, and may or may not include clinical opportunities.
Founded in 1898 in Iowa’s capital city, DMU is a graduate medicine and health sciences university comprising three colleges – College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer eight graduate degree programs. DMU combines the top advantages in medical education available today: an expert faculty, a rigorous and relevant curriculum, state-of-the-art facilities, a dynamic and diverse research environment, and a supportive, inclusive community of students and faculty active in learning and service. By consistently producing outstanding graduates who excel in their careers, DMU maintains one of the strongest reputations in the sphere of American medical and public health education.
Qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Physician Assistant candidates must be graduates of an accredited physician assistant program and currently NCCPA-certified.
- Physician Assistant candidates must possess or be willing to attain a Master’s degree within an agreed upon time period.
- Non-Physician Assistant candidates require a minimum of a Master’s degree in a health-related field.
- Physician applicants must be board-certified or board-eligible.
- Candidates should have at least five years of clinical experience, if applicable.
- Previous academic experience is preferred.
- If applicable, candidates must possess or be eligible for Iowa licensure in their respective field and maintain an active license while on faculty at Des Moines University.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by submitting a CV, cover letter and statement of teaching interest to www.dmu.edu/employment. CV review and/or interview scheduling will commence immediately and continue until position is filled.
For a more complete job description, full-time benefit summary or more information on Des Moines University and/or its programs, visit www.dmu.edu/employment.
Des Moines University is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information and other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications from candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Vice Chair for Clinical Services, Department of F…
UMass Memorial Health Care
FM Faculty - Osteopathic Training Track in Pennsy…
Faculty with York Hospital in Pennsylvania - $100…
Join established clinic at Cox Barton County Hosp…
Outpatient only clinic with large, established pa…