You will serve as a Physician (Family Practice) in the Family Medicine Department of NAVHOSP PENSACOLA.
You will be responsible for quality patient care services in the Patient Centered Medical Home and serve as a Family Medicine Physician providing care and support services to the medical staff, support staff, and inpatients and outpatients from birth to death. You may be a faculty physician on the staff of the Family Medicine Residency and instruct residents in their training program.
- You will provide a full range of family medicine services including examining, diagnosing, and treating both inpatients and outpatients;
- You will supervise and/or assist residents, Nurse Practitioners, RN?s in the instruction of diagnostic and treatment procedures;
- You will prescribe and dispense medications;
- You will promote preventive health maintenance care including annual physicals and positive health care behaviors through education and counseling;
- You will provide training and/or direction as applicable to residents, hospital corpsmen, students, etc;
- You will participate in peer review and performance improvement activities;
- You will exercise leadership, administrative and managerial guidance to military, civilian and contract personnel.
Travel Required - Not required
Relocation expenses reimbursed - Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date of 5/17/2019. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 5/17/2019 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Candidates who apply after may be referred on a periodic basis depending on staffing needs.
This announcement uses the OPM Federal Wide direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. If your Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree is from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States, you must have a permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), a Fifth Pathway Certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduated education in a foreign country, or successfully completed the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- RESIDENCY: 5 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Family Medicine (e.g., 3 yrs. Residency & 2 years fellowship, experience or other training). Your resume must reflect you have a sufficient level of expertise in Family Medicine to perform the core privileges of this position.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. This experience/training will include providing a full range of family practice services by examining patients, determining diagnosis and developing treatment plans for patients from birth to death; providing guidance to residents, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Applicants must also be able to satisfy clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in the specialty approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible.
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as a Family Practice Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired but not required.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: Possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to document the current certification in your resume or application documents will result in an ineligible rating.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Services will be required on weekends and holidays in a rotation with other staff.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Background checks, security clearance and drug testing required.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Please visit http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Benefits/Pages/Default.aspx to learn more. Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply: This is the fastest way! Please email your resume (no pictures or SSN, please) including beginning and ending dates, month and year, a detail description of duties performed for all experiences directly to and insert vacancy number FMC10486558 in the subject line. To learn more about the job, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/532099800
More search results
Vice Chair for Clinical Services, Department of F…
UMass Memorial Health Care
FM Faculty - Osteopathic Training Track in Pennsy…
Faculty with York Hospital in Pennsylvania - $100…
Join established clinic at Cox Barton County Hosp…
Outpatient only clinic with large, established pa…