This position is that of a Family Medicine Physician assigned to the various Naval Health Branch Clinics of the Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, California. This Family Practice Physician works collaboratively within a team of professionals dedicated to efficient, cost effective, quality patient care services. The physician serves as a Family Practice Physician providing care and support services to the medical staff and patients.
- You will provide a full range of family practice services, including examine, diagnose and treatment of patients of all ages.
- You will prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee.
- You will promote preventative and health maintenance care including, annual physicals, positive health care behaviors through education and counseling.
- You will examine, assess, and screen patients who require referral to specialty services.
- You will assist in continuing education of clinic staff.
Travel Required - Not required
Relocation expenses reimbursed - No
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- PPD and MMR is required.
- Up-to-date immunizations/vaccinations and a seasonal influenza is required.
This announcement is being used to recruit qualified individuals, under the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Direct Hire Authority, authorized by 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 3304 and 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 337, Subpart B. The Rule of Three, Veteran's Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process.
For more information on OPM Direct-Hire Authority, please review this link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/#url=Fact-Sheet
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 02/06/2019 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a second cut-off date may be used.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada that is accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time my degree was obtained. (Note - A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- RESIDENCY: 5 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Family Practice (e.g., 3 yrs. Residency & 2 years fellowship, experience or other training). Your resume must reflect you have a sufficient level of expertise in Family Medicine to perform the core privileges of this position. This experience/training will include independently performing a full range of family medicine services such as examining, diagnosing, developing and managing patient treatment plans; determining the need for consultation with other specialists; prescribing and dispensing medications; and evaluating the quality of care provided to patients and identifying opportunities to improve care.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Satisfy BUMED clinical privileging requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
- Completion of a Family Practice residency approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible.
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as a Family Practice Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: Possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to document the current certification in your resume or application documents will result in an ineligible rating.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying.
Background checks , security clearance and drug testing required.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Please visit http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Benefits/Pages/Default.aspx to learn more. Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply: This is the fastest way! Please email your resume (no pictures or SSN, please) including beginning and ending dates, month and year, a detail description of duties performed for all experiences directly to and insert vacancy number FMC10401545 in the subject line. To learn more about the job, please visitwww.usajobs.gov/getjob/printpreview/521903800