Exciting Family Residency Program Director Opportunity - Fargo ND
Sanford Health is one of the largest health care systems in the nation, with 44 hospitals and nearly 300 clinics in nine states and four countries. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and serving the Upper Midwest, with nearly 1,400 physicians, Sanford Health is dedicated to several initiatives, including global clinics, genomic medicine and specialized centers researching cures for type 1 diabetes, breast cancer and other diseases. Sanford Health has 28,000 employees, making it the largest employer in the Dakotas. Nearly $1 billion in gifts from philanthropist Denny Sanford over the past decade have transformed how Sanford Health can improve the human condition.
Sanford Health is currently seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine with OB physician for a Residency Directorship in our expanding residency program in Fargo, North Dakota. The Family Medicine Residency program was established in July 2017 and supports 6 residents a year. Join our current director and 2 core faculty members with another starting summer of 2019. The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences is the institutional sponsor of this program, but all clinical experiences are done at Sanford Health.
- OB privileges required
- Call is shared with physician members of the entire family medicine department
- Brand new $494 million state-of-the-art hospital
- Level 1 Trauma Center (only one in the Dakotas)
- Children’s Hospital
- Opportunity to help develop our new and growing Family Medicine Residency
- Help train the 6 residents in each year of our 3-year residency
- Work in collaboration with our current Internal Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics & Psychiatry residency programs and future Neurology residency
- Noncompetitive, very supportive environment
- Residency has had 2 site visits and is fully accredited
- Precept residents regularly in our busy resident clinic
- Program includes a required rural experience with multiple facilities in the Fargo Region that can host these experiences
- Perform and precept many office procedures
- Friendly and hardworking staff to help make day-to-day tasks much easier!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader, with a passion for Family Medicine, to share in the continued development of our residency program. The ideal candidate will have an interest in practicing and teaching full spectrum family medicine with obstetrics.
Our metro area is the gateway to the west, a Livability Top 100 Best Place to Live, and the largest city in North Dakota. A thriving and cutting-edge population that is growing at a fast pace with an affordable cost of living.
- Fargo is jam-packed with museums, galleries, and an Art Deco theatre palace in its vibrant downtown district
- Four-season recreation with more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails, fishing, golf, kayaking, snow and water skiing and 2100 acres of public parks
- Local schools ranked in the top 15% nationally
- Multiple universities including North Dakota State University form a vibrant college community upwards of 30,000 students
Sanford Health offers a guaranteed salary for the first two years. Comprehensive benefits are offered along with paid malpractice insurance, relocation allowance and much more.
To learn more about Sanford Health and this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Martty Trout, Physician Recruiter
Sanford Health Physician Recruitment Office
PO Box 2010
Fargo ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6516
More search results
Vice Chair for Clinical Services, Department of F…
UMass Memorial Health Care
FM Faculty - Osteopathic Training Track in Pennsy…
Faculty with York Hospital in Pennsylvania - $100…
Join established clinic at Cox Barton County Hosp…
Outpatient only clinic with large, established pa…