UCLA Addiction Medicine Fellowship Position 2019-2020
- UCLA Department of Family Medicine
- Los Angeles, California
- ADM 19-20
- Family Physician
- Job type
- Full-Time, Fellowship
- $50,000 - $74,999 per yr / $24 - $36 per hr
The UCLA Department of Family Medicine (DFM) seeks applications for the full time accredited Addiction Medicine fellowship position with training in Substance Abuse. The position will involve up to 80% time direct patient care of patients with opioid dependence and alcohol abuse or primary care and /or teaching responsibilities with res idents and other trainees providing such care. The remaining 20 % will be split between administrative time and research under the direction of our research team. We seek candidates with a strong interest in substance misuse in populations at high risk for HIV and Hepatitis C.
Candidates must be board certified/ board eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine with, or working towards, the 1,944 hours of American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) certification, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment. Preference will be given to those board certified/ board eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Emergency Medicine. However, we also welcome applicants with primary certification in General Surgery, Neurology, Psychiatry and OB. This UCLA fellowship was accredited by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) in 2017 and graduated its first fellow in June 2018.
Consistent with the changes made by the American Board of Medical Specialties, the program applied for and received accreditation as a new program by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) at its February 1, 2019 meeting, effective date July 1, 2018.
The UCLADFM is one of 17 clinical departments at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. The department sponsors a 36 res ident Family Medicine residency as well as fellowships in Sports Medicine and Addiction Medicine. It operates a large pre-doctoral medical student program as well as a research division that focuses on Health Services Research and Substance Abuse disorders . It currently ranks number 2 nationally in NIH funding to FM departments . UCLA Health is among the most comprehensive healthcare systems in the world.
The DFM also supports the Center for Addiction and Behavioral Medicine (CBAM) to integrate behavioral medicine, addiction medicine and primary care as we view addiction as a chronic condition. CBAM has an extensive portfolio of NIH-funded projects to develop novel medications for treating meth dependence and to conduct combination HIV prevention studies in vulnerable communities of color and groups at high risk of HIV transmission.
More search results
Kaweah Delta Medical Center Family Medicine Core …
PHYSICIAN – FAMILY MEDICINE
Vista Community Clinic
Full Time Family Medicine Physician for Large Pub…
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Faculty, Family Medicine Residency Rancho Mirage,…
Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor/Heal…
University of California, Davis School of Medicine