Family Medicine Faculty position in beautiful Southwest Arizona
Do you have a PASSION for teaching? We have the perfect FAMILY MEDICINE FACULTY position for you!
Come join our AMAZING Family & Community Medicine Residency team in beautiful Southwest Arizona! You would be a welcomed addition to our team of two senior faculty members along with three junior faculty in the YRMC Family Medicine Center. This full-time position would include faculty responsibilities; such as, precepting in the office/hospital setting and administrative time along with some direct patient care in the Family Medicine Center.
We strongly encourage applications from those Family Medicine physicians who enjoy teaching, have an interest in working with diverse population, and who have an interest in developing unique community health and border medicine teaching experiences. Our location provides unequalled opportunities to develop innovative curricula and scholarly programs to address the many issues related to the healthcare of rural and border communities.
About our program:
- Accredited Family Medicine Residency Program started in July 2013. Our unique, 3-year program has been granted the highest level of accreditation a residency program can achieve by the ACGME.
- Eighteen (18) residents are currently in the program: 6 PGY1, 6 PGY2 and 6 PGY3l however, we will be expanding to a 24 resident program.
- We are also adding a couple of Fellowships: Palliative Medicine and Sports Medicine .
- Affiliation and academic support from The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Midwestern University in Glendale and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is fully engaged as a clinical partner in the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
- YRMC is a 406 bed community hospital offering the full spectrum of care utilizing EPIC electronic health records.
This position offers:
- A generous compensation/employment package with full benefits (offer is commensurate with experience).
- 5 days of CME per year and up to $5,000 in reimbursable expenses.
- 27 days Paid Leave Time (PLT) and 5 days Paid Sick Leave (PSL) per year.
- Relocation Allowance - up to $15,000 in reimbursable expenses.
- A great work/life balance.
- A collegial medical staff comprised of more than 400 physicians and advanced practice professionals.
Yuma, Arizona is located just under a 3 hour drive- either direction- from both San Diego, CA and Phoenix, AZ. We are a diverse community of 200K year-round residents and are joined by an additional 100K residents in the winter time due to our mild climate (70 degrees). Yuma offers an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities all year long, including boating on the Colorado River, hiking, camping and fishing or off-road motorsports within the Imperial Sand Dunes area. Additionally, golf can be enjoyed year-round on any of our 13 golf courses within the community.
Our program and community are truly amazing. Don't miss this opportunity to come and see for yourself how great Yuma is. So come join our team and have a little fun under the Arizona sun!
More search results
Vice Chair for Clinical Services, Department of F…
UMass Memorial Health Care
FM Faculty - Osteopathic Training Track in Pennsy…
Faculty with York Hospital in Pennsylvania - $100…
Join established clinic at Cox Barton County Hosp…
Outpatient only clinic with large, established pa…