- Dignity Health Medical Group
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Job type
Chair, Department of Family Medicine
Dignity Health Medical Group is actively seeking a highly experienced leader to serve as Chair, Department of Family Medicine. The ideal candidate will be at the Professor Level or equivalent with 10+ years of proven clinical excellence in patient care. We are recruiting for a well-rounded, collaborative physician leader with a strong passion for research, teaching, and community outreach.
The Department Chair will be primarily accountable for the department’s overall success, through continuous improvement of the quality of medical care and resident/medical student education, while ensuring that care is delivered in the most efficient manner possible. This leader is also responsible for collaborating with Dignity Health Medical Group Administration to strategically plan the future growth and development of the department and the implementation of educational programs. This position serves as the liaison for quality and cost effective initiatives between the Dignity Health Medical Group and St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center.
The Department of Family Medicine includes 11 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and 24 residents. Additionally, Dignity Health Medical Group has an academic affiliation with Creighton University School of Medicine, whose third & fourth year medical students (84) are currently completing their medical degree at the St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center by the DHMG’s faculty. Included in this position is the opportunity for an academic appointment with Creighton University.
In the Spring of 2021, Creighton University seeks to expand its Phoenix presence, bringing a four-year medical school, nursing school, pharmacy school, occupational/physical therapy schools, physician assistant school, and an emergency medical services program within a mile of the St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center campus. This expansion will ensure that Arizona—and DHMG—are doing their part to contribute to top-notch training of future medical professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as senior member of the Dignity Health Medical Group Management Team;
- Works with administration to develop and implement the department budget and operating policies;
- Partners with administration to develop and implement the departmental strategic plan and develop inter-departmental service lines in collaboration with other Department Chairs;
- Fosters a collaborative model of practice to promote the growth and success of the Dignity Health Medical Group as a whole;
- Works with the Providers and the Chief Medical Officer to develop utilization benchmarks and quality metrics for the department; reviews and revises benchmarks on a regular basis based on national metrics;
- Works with the President, COO, and CMO of DHMG to implement appropriate financial incentives for providers;
- Collaborates with the Director of Residency and the Medical Director of CME to develop and implement educational programs within the department;
- Works with the Manager and staff in the development and enhancement of practice guidelines;
- Establishes “coaching” or “mentoring” relationships with their faculty, paying special attention to members who are new or in need of assistance to plan and enhance their professional growth;
- Regularly establishes universal objectives and goals for faculty members and does a yearly evaluation based on those goals;
- Clinically active physician who models the practice of evidence-based family medicine and superior patient experience skills;
- Strives to be a servant leader who exemplifies mission-appropriate excellence and professional growth of the members of the department and promote a culture which supports the mission statement of the Hospital and Medical Group;
- Publishes and promotes publications with the department in order to promote an academic and evidence-based practice;
- Perform such other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Hospital President, the Board of Directors, Community Board, or the President, COO or CMO of the Medical Group.
This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer of Dignity Health Medical Group for medical group activities. As a member of the medical staff at St. Joseph’s Hospital, the physician will also collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer of the Hospital for all activities related to medical staff services.
- MD or DO Degree and Board Certification
- Completed ACGME Residency training with current ABMS Board Certification
- Proven physician leadership experience
- Clinical responsibilities within the previous 5 years
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- 10+ years of experience in a clinical setting preferred
ABOUT PHOENIX, ARIZONA:
Phoenix boasts all the amenities of a large city—including foodie destinations and cultural richness—without the high cost-of-living or overwhelming congestion of New York or Chicago. Whether you are looking to raise a family in the suburbs of the East Valley or cherished Arcadia/Paradise Valley neighborhoods, or you are looking for the hustle and bustle of exciting downtown living, Arizona proves to provide an exceptional living experience to people in all walks of life. With renowned golf-courses, botanical gardens, shopping malls, zoos, arts districts, and A+ schools, Arizonians never struggle to find a solution to their needs and hobbies. For sports enthusiasts, Arizona is home to all four major sports: NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB. For the adventurers, the Colorado River provides opportunity for floating and fishing, various outdoor trails flaunt breathtaking views, and a day-trip can help Phoenicians escape to the Grand Canyon, the red rocks of Sedona, or the pines (and snow!) up in Flagstaff. Being just a short drive to the beaches of California and Mexico, Arizona really does offer everything to its lifelong residents, and would be the perfect destination for your forever career.
With over 240 physicians and 800 total employees, DHMG Arizona is a comprehensive, integrated, multispecialty, academic medical group that serves Dignity Health St. Joseph’s and Westgate Medical Centers, Chandler Regional Medical Center, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, and Mesa General Hospital. The physicians of DHMG-AZ are regularly involved with clinical duties, as well as academics and translational bench research, keeping the enhancement of care and the patient experience at the forefront of the work that they do. www.DHMG.org/Arizona.
ABOUT THE CULTURE OF DIGNITY HEALTH:
Dignity Health, as part of CommonSpirit Health—the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in the nation—seeks to serve the poor and disenfranchised, while utilizing our healing ministry to promote the health of the entire patient, rather than simply treat their disease. With a health system of more than 150,000 caregivers and support teams, across 21 states and $14.2 billion in total operating revenue this past year, CommonSpirit Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides over $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves. On a local level, the mission of DHMG is consistent with Dignity Health's mission and St. Joseph's guiding principles with a focus on innovative clinical care and the pursuit of excellence through scholarly activities. As part of the Dignity Health hospital system, DHMG has full access to the staff and all facilities on our hospital campuses. This unique relationship with our hospital allows Dignity Health Medical Group to provide its patients with state-of-the-art patient services including care of the poor and disenfranchised.
To apply, please send CV to email@example.com.
Or you may contact:
NO J1 VISAS
More search results
Great opportunity in established clinic with a ne…
Outpatient Only opportunity in great lakeside com…
OB Faculty Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech Carili…
Full-time Physician Faculty Researcher with a foc…
Family Medicine Faculty position in beautiful Sou…
Yuma Regional Medical Center