Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education
ASSISTANT DEAN FOR GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso’s Paul L. Foster School of Medicine is accepting applications and nominations for an Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education. This individual will guide the establishment and accreditation of multiple GME programs at the school’s Transmountain site in west El Paso beginning in July 2021.
The Transmountain site is a collaboration between TTUHSC-El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence, a Tenet Healthcare Corporation facility that serves as a site for undergraduate and graduate medical education.
The successful applicant will assist in the recruitment and mentoring of program directors for each residency, guide the documentation requirements for program applications, and manage the ACGME submission process. The Assistant Dean will be responsible for the oversight of the residency programs and will coordinate with the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) to address any compliance issues. The successful applicant will report to the Associate Dean for GME/DIO for administrative responsibilities and to his/her clinical department chair for faculty duties.
Qualifications: (See job requisition for full position description and requirements)
- M.D. / D.O
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Current board certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties board
- Eligible for a faculty appointment in a clinical department of the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Experience in graduate medical education at the level of fellowship or residency program director, assistant dean or associate dean for GME, departmental vice-chair of education, or similar position
- Demonstrated track record with GME and GME administration
Candidates must apply online at http://www.texastech.edu/careers Search for Requisition ID: 17041BR
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
For confidential inquiries, please contact:
Paul Ogden, M.D.
Provost, TTUHSC El Paso
Search Committee Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org / (915) 215-4735
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.