- Department of the Navy, Naval Medical Command
- Groton Submarine Base Connecticut
- $103,395 to $225,000 per year
- Family Physician
- Job type
- Salary not disclosed
You will serve as a Physician (Family Practice) in the Naval Ambulatory Care Center of NAVAL HOSPITAL. You will be responsible for independent delivery of appropriate quality medical diagnosis and treatment to active duty military, dependent, retired, and civilian personnel. Selectee will serve as preceptor and consultant to midlevel providers and participate as a medical representative on boards, committees and other activities.
- Evaluate, diagnose and provide medical treatment.
- Refer patients with medical conditions requiring inpatient care to local civilian hospitals and other specialist.
- Identify emergent medical conditions and provide emergency care to stabilize patents.
- Provide professional clinical direction and training to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and other medical assistants.
- Supervise the above listed health care providers during specific physician-led clinical procedures.
Travel Required - Not required Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current Physician license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- Up-to-date Immunizations and Vaccinations required.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying.
Background checks and security clearance. Drug test is required.
This announcement uses the OPM Federal Wide direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date of 12/05/2018. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 12/05/2018 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Candidates who apply after may be referred on a periodic basis depending on staffing needs.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess
- Doctorate of Medicine, Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada that is accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time my degree was obtained. (Note - A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination. AND
- Possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. AND
- Have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training. (Note - graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada).
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of 1 experience at or equivalent to the GP-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: examining and diagnosing patients of all ages to include pediatric and geriatric; developing and managing treatment plans; determining the need for consultation with other specialists; prescribing and dispensing medications; evaluating the quality of care provided to patients and identifying opportunities to improve care.
Applicants must also be able to satisfy clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in the specialty approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible.
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as a Family Practice Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired but not required.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: Possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to document the current certification in your resume or application documents will result in an ineligible rating.
How to Apply: This is the fastest way! Please email your resume (no pictures or SSN, please) including beginning and ending dates, month and year, a detail description of duties performed for all experiences directly to and insert vacancy number FMC10359504 in the subject line. To learn more about the job, please visitwww.usajobs.gov/getjob/printpreview/517366200
More search results
Physician Director of Primary Care
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Family Physicians, Internists, and Med/Peds
SwedishAmerican, a Division of UW Health
Northern Light Health- Primary Care
Northern Light Health
Family Medicine opportunities available near the…
Family Medicine Core Faculty - Practice & Teach N…