Associate Residency Program Director
Department of Family and Community Medicine
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
The Department of Family and Community Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey
Medical Center is seeking an Associate Residency Program Director who will assist the Program Director in the successful operation and continuous improvement of the Penn State Hershey Family Medicine Residency Program.
The Associate Program Director plays a key role in implementing and coordinating the Residency Program in accordance with RRC guidelines. Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Program Director in maintaining residency accreditation and implementing and developing Program policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other residency faculty members to promote and develop all areas of the Program (patient care, academics and scholarship, research)
- Serve on Residency committees and participate in annual Residency retreat
- Participate in resident recruitment, interviews, Rank Day, Match Week
- Directly supervise and serve as advisor for residents in outpatient, inpatient, maternity care, or multiple settings
- Lead the Program when the Program Director is unavailable
- Produce at least one scholarly work annually, which includes residents and department faculty as co-authors
Candidates must have MD or DO, with American Board Certification and Certificate of Residency Faculty Fundamentals from STFM (if not STFM certified, must obtain certification within 1 year). Applicants must have at least 3 years’ of prior residency program experience with a demonstrated record of resident development and mentorship.
About Us: The Department of Family and Community Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is the oldest academic Family Medicine Department in the country. We are located in Hershey, Pennsylvania and play an essential role in all of the missions of our academic health center. We are a diverse and growing department, with over 100 faculty members spread across three geographic locations in Hershey, State College, and Reading, Pennsylvania. We offer a great place to live, work, play, and learn. We’re proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about Penn State Health Family Medicine and our Hershey Residency Program by visiting our website at https://residency.med.psu.edu/programs/family-and-community-medicine-residency-hershey-pa/.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Mack Ruffin, MD, Department Chair for Family and Community Medicine, at email@example.com, or by phone at 717-531-8187.
The Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. EOE – M/W/PV/D.
More search results
Full-time Physician Faculty Researcher with a foc…
Family Medicine Faculty position in beautiful Sou…
Yuma Regional Medical Center
Chair, Department of Family Medicine
Dignity Health Medical Group
Family Medicine Faculty DO
Delivering Family Physician / MCH Residency Core …
Erie Family Health Centers