Assistant Professor / Associate Professor (Non-Tenure Track)
- El Paso, Texas
- Ref#: 437759 or Req#: 16698BR
- Family Physician
- Job type
- Salary not disclosed
The Department of Family and Community Medicine at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine is recruiting for a board certified M.D. or D.O. applicant for a full time Faculty position at the Assistant Professor/Associate Professor level in a department that enjoys strong institutional support.
The Paul L. Foster School of Medicine has an exciting and innovative curriculum for the first two years of medical school and the third year clerkship in family medicine is 6 weeks in length combined with a 15 week, one half day per week longitudinal selective experience. There is an 8-8-8 family medicine residency program and both residents and faculty see patients in a modern Family Medicine Center with a state of the art electronic medical record system. There is also an ACGME accredited Sports Medicine Fellowship Program and a very successful clinical research division. The department has an active inpatient service at University Medical Center in El Paso, and also admits patients to El Paso Children’s Hospital. Duties will include direct patient care, primarily at The Hague clinic site adjacent to the University of Texas at El Paso, as well as providing care to the students at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso. There will also be opportunity to supervise Family Medicine Residents in the outpatient and inpatient setting. Scholarly activity within the department of Family and Community Medicine is also expected. The successful candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor, together with a competitive salary and benefits package.
The city of El Paso is nestled between the beautiful Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande and resides at the confluence of Texas, New Mexico and Mexico. El Paso is the safest mid-sized city in the United States and its residents enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year, numerous outdoor pursuits, as well as a vibrant city life at an affordable cost of living.
Qualified candidates must have a Texas license or be eligible for licensure in Texas, successfully completed an ACGME-accredited residency program in Family Medicine, and board certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine.
Interested applicants must apply online at: https://elpasojobs.ttuhsc.edu/assistant-professor-non-tenure/job/10711369 Requisition ID: 16698BR or Ref#: 437759
Please also send a copy of your most current Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter to:
Gurjeet S. Shokar, M.D.
Professor and Chairman
Dept. of Family and Community Medicine
Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
Texas Tech University HSC at El Paso
9849 Kenworthy Street
El Paso, Texas 79924-4402
The position is open until filled
Application review will begin immediately
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
• M.D. / D.O.
• Successful completion of ACGME-accredited residency program in Family Medicine
• Board certification in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine
• Texas licensure or eligibility for licensure in Texas is required
• Experience with teaching and supervising family medicine residents in clinical setting
• Regional or emerging national recognition in the area of specialty for the rank of Associate Professor
• Provides direct patient care services in the outpatient setting, primarily at the Texas Tech Hague clinic with up to
eight half days per week and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
• Provides high quality, accessible and comprehensive patient-centered care to the University of Texas at El Paso
(UTEP) employees, retirees, their dependents and other patients of the practice.
• Provides care to medical students and nursing students of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso
• Meets/exceeds HEDIS, PQRS and other quality reporting metrics including institutionally approved patient satisfaction surveys.
• Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations.
• Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
• Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's declaration of faculty responsibility
• Supports Texas Tech specialists with referrals if medically appropriate
• Develops and facilitates the use of Texas Tech providers by UTEP.
• Participates in scholarly activities and research in the department of Family and Community Medicine.
• Participates in graduate medical education teaching by supervising residents in the Kenworthy Clinic and inpatient Family Medicine service.
• Takes inpatient call on the Family Medicine service on a rotation with other faculty.