Primary Care Faculty
- Houston Healthcare
- Warner Robins, GA
- Faculty, Family Physician
- Job type
- Salary commensurate with experience
Houston Healthcare is hiring a Primary Care Faculty into our growing Residency program!
Houston Healthcare (HHC) began serving the medical needs of Houston County, Georgia in 1960 with a 50-bed hospital in Warner Robins. Today, as the county’s largest healthcare provider, this healthcare system includes Houston Medical Center, a 237-bed facility in Warner Robins; Perry Hospital, a 45-bed hospital in the county seat of Perry; Houston Heart Institute; The Surgery Center; Houston Occupational Health & Wellness Center; Houston Health Pavilion; along with urgent care centers and outpatient services throughout the county, along with a recently added cardiac cath program.
- This physician will spend 40% in clinical care activities and 60% in teaching activities.
- Clinical care activities will center on patient care in outpatient settings in one or more of the system’s clinics.
- Teaching responsibilities will include lectures, working with students in both inpatient and outpatient settings, rounding on patients, and some clinical research. Teaching will conform to current curriculum standards while utilizing creative teaching/on line methodologies.
- This individual will maintain and advance their clinical capabilities through annual continuing medical education and personal commitment to reviewing professional journals for new developments in their clinical field.
- This physician will be on call once every 4-5 weeks for a week and will manage 10-15 inpatients.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Must be primary care MD or Do; Areas of specialty could include Ob/Gyn, family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics and emergency medicine and psychiatry or other primary care specialty.
- Teaching experience of 1 year minimum is required preferably in a community health-based setting.
- A highly organized and structured professional with both the discipline and commitment to prepare and follow through in a teaching environment is essential.
- Understands structure and relationships in relation to teaching programs and requirements.
- Great communication style tailored toward new generation of residents while delivering creative learning utilizing out of the box teaching methodologies