Copy of FAMILY MEDICINE RESIDENCY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
- Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
- Martinez, CA - San Francisco Bay Area
- Director, Faculty, Family Physician
- Job type
- Salary commensurate with experience
FAMILY MEDICINE RESIDENCY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
San Francisco Bay Area
Contra Costa Family Medicine Residency is seeking candidates for Program Director in our nationally recognized, full-spectrum family medicine training program located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a community-based residency program affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Department of Family and Community Medicine. Our 13-13-13 program trains family doctors with broad skills to work in under-resourced urban and rural settings in the US and around the globe. We emphasize excellence in ambulatory and acute care; comprehensive reproductive healthcare; and continuity of care in partnership with our diverse communities of patients and their families. We value strong faculty-resident mentorship. The ideal candidate will be prepared to lead our stable, long-standing training program into the future through creative and innovative thinking. She/he will have demonstrated aptitude for leadership and a passion for physician education, as well as a commitment to health equity and diversity in medical education.
The Program Director will lead the Residency Leadership Group, including our core faculty, behaviorists, Associate Program Director and the co-directors of our Global Health Fellowship. She/he will report to the Chief Medical Officer and collaborate with the Designated Institutional Official to meet program requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have an MD or DO degree; be certified by the ABFM; maintain a valid California medical license; have a minimum of 5 years of clinical FM experience and 2 years as residency core faculty; and have a demonstrated commitment to working with under-resourced communities and diverse patients, residents and staff.
The Program Director will:
- Administer and maintain a learning environment conducive to educating the residents in each of the Family Medicine ACGME competency areas
- Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education at all program sites, including development of the educational curriculum
- Comply with the accreditation guidelines of the Review Committee for Family Medicine of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), the American Board of Family Medicine, and the written policies and procedures of the sponsoring institutions
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in medical education, including race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, ability, cultural background and lived experience
- Develop strategies to recruit, retain and promote a diverse staff that reflects the communities of Contra Costa county and beyond
- Direct and evaluate residency office staff in administration and management of the program
- Establish and maintain an environment of inquiry, innovation and scholarship
- Provide leadership, mentorship and guidance to faculty and residents in scholarship, teaching and service
- Collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer and Designated Institutional Official on the development and maintenance of the clinical learning environment
- Collaborate with the leadership of UCSF Department of Family and Community Medicine as part of the residency affiliation with UCSF
- Maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care and teaching in the practice of Family Medicine
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits based upon experience. The Program Director position includes an appointment as USCF DFCM Assistant Clinical Professor.
Please submit current CV and letter of interest, including statement of teaching and commitment to diversity to: Aina Ferro at email@example.com. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide current references and a letter of support from a resident physician whom they have taught.
Accepting applications through Jan 31, 2019.
Please direct questions regarding the position to the current Program Director, Dr. Kristin Moeller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
More search results
FAMILY MEDICINE RESIDENCY FACULTY INPATIENT SERVI…
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (Kaiser Permanente Northern California)
MRMC Family Medicine Residency Program Core Facul…
Assistant or Associate Professor of Family Medici…
UC Irvine Department of Family Medicine
UCSF FRESNO FAMILY MEDICINE FACULTY OPPORTUNITY
Central California Faculty Medical Group
Full-time BC Spanish speaking Family Physician wi…
Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center