GEORGIA! New GME Program - Fam Med Core Faculty - Director of Fam Med/Maternity Care
NEW GME PROGRAM- FAMILY MEDICINE CORE FACULTY
DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MEDICINE/MATERNITY CARE
NGMC is currently recruiting a Board Certified Family Medicine Physician with Maternity/OB experience to join our GME program, located in Gainesville.
Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC-Gainesville) is a 557-bed regional referral center located in Gainesville, Georgia providing a wide array of healthcare services complemented by a medical staff of over 900+ members. NGMC-Braselton opened in 2015 as a 125-bed hospital and is growing into a 300-400 bed facility. NGMC-Barrow (56 beds) joined our family in January of 2017.
- As Director of Family Medicine, Maternity Care, (Director of Family Centered Maternity Care) you will have the opportunity to help develop and create the maternity curriculum as well as coordinate the obstetric rotations with our OB representatives
- You will enjoy working in brand new facilities with state of the art technology
- You’ll receive Incredible community and state support for the program you are spearheading
Education (or equivalent years of experience):
- Graduation from accredited allopathic (MD) or osteopathic (DO) medical School
- Completion of an ACME- accredited residency program in an acceptable specialty area
Experience (or equivalent education): The Core Faculty must have requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and clinical experience acceptable to the Review committee, which includes:
- History of providing prenatal services / care in the outpatient setting
- Ability to obtain hospital privileges for routine pregnancy care including vaginal deliveries
- Experience in developing and coordinating resident maternity care curriculum
- Active clinical participation in Family Medicine; preferable to have educational and clinical experience as a Faculty member of a Family Medicine residency program prior to appointment
- Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill their supervisory and teaching responsibilities
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas
- Current certification by ABMS specialty board from the core specialty and any subspecialty boards as require by the ACGME, Equivalent educational qualifications may be acceptable by the FM Review Committee of the ACGME
NGMC also has been named one of "Metro Atlanta’s Top 100 Workplaces" by the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) for 2011- 2017
We offer Highly Competitive Compensation Plans, 401K Matching/457B Plans and Life, Health & Disability Insurance. We are in the 4th fastest growing areas in the country with Activities for all ages including beautiful hiking, mountain bike trails and water sports on Lake Lanier.
For more information, please contact email@example.com 770.219.3021