Vice Chair for Clinical Innovation and Practice Transformation
- Sacramento, CA
- Faculty, Family Physician
- Job type
The Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine is seeking full-time candidates for an academic position as the Vice Chair for Clinical Innovation and Practice Transformation (CIPT). Appointees to this series are required to contribute with distinction in the areas of teaching, mentoring of trainees, University and public service, clinical care, and scholarly activity.
The Vice Chair for Clinical Innovation and Practice Transformation:
- Is the leading clinical thinker for the DFCM, guiding its efforts in promoting the Quadruple Aim: improving the health of our population; reducing per capita cost of health care; and improving both the patient and provider experiences of care
- Has a passion for improving the health of communities, not only through medical care but broader interventions relating to social determinants of health
- Is the leading DFCM spokesperson on clinical issues focused on health care transformation, provider partnerships, affordability and the importance of community engagement and benefit
The Vice Chair for CIPT is responsible for encouraging, initiating, overseeing implementation of, and tracking the impact of proven or promising innovative care delivery models and approaches, to forward the Department’s outpatient, inpatient, and transitional care missions. This individual is responsible for a portfolio of initiatives around cutting edge topics, and networks intensively with experts in the field to identify emerging ideas and challenges. Successful candidates will be skilled at leading through influence, be highly collaborative and understand the regulatory environment. This individual must be equally comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Candidates must possess the degree of MD, be Board certified in Family Medicine and be eligible for licensure in the State of California, and must meet the requirements for appointment as Associate or Full Professor in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series at UC Davis.
This position will be open until filled through June 30, 2019.
Qualified applicants should upload an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, statement of Teaching, statement of Practice Management and statement of Clinical Improvement, and provide three to five references with full contact information online at https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF02350
The University of California, Davis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
- Application form: CIPT Ad.FCM (22kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
MRMC Family Medicine Residency Program Core Facul…
Copy of FAMILY MEDICINE RESIDENCY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
Kaweah Delta Medical Center Family Medicine Core …
Core Residency Faculty Member - Director of Behav…
Valley Consortium for Medical Education (VCME)
UCSF FRESNO FAMILY MEDICINE FACULTY OPPORTUNITY
Central California Faculty Medical Group