Medical Director: Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series
- Sacramento CA
- Faculty, Family Physician
- Job type
The University of California, Davis School of Medicine is recruiting for a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor rank Medical Director in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series in the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
The position will be expected to contribute with distinction in the areas of clinical administration and leadership, teaching, mentoring of trainees, and University and public service.
Responsibilities include primary oversight of and responsibility for the Department’s outpatient clinical mission, including the residency teaching center, and direct clinical care. Teaching is required and will include supervision of medical students, residents, and fellows in clinical settings. The percent time devoted to administration, clinical care, teaching, and other activities will be negotiated with the Department Head.
The candidates must have the following qualifications:
- MD or DO degree
- Successful completion of an approved family medicine residency training program
- Ability to obtain a Medical License in the State of California
- Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine
- Demonstrated experience in the teaching of students and house staff
- Recent outpatient clinical practice
- Demonstrated community service
- Ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment, with demonstrated experience mentoring women, minorities, students with disabilities, and other under-represented groups
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures of the University
Preferred but not required:
- Recent in-patient hospital and obstetrical practice
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
This position may, at times, require the incumbent to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present. Specific hazards of the position may include but are not limited to exposure to patients with infections.
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter and curriculum vitae to https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF02303. Applicant cover letters should discuss experience teaching medical school students, mentoring residents, and providing inpatient and outpatient clinical care, including obstetrical care. The Search Committee also requires the names of three to five references with accurate contact information.
This position will remain open until filled through June 30, 2019.
This recruitment is conducted at the assistant or associate rank. The resulting hire will be at the assistant or associate rank, regardless of the proposed appointee's qualifications.
The University of California, Davis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty and staff.
UC Davis is a smoke- and tobacco-free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any property owned or leased by UC Davis-- indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Application form: Medical Director Ad (15kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
FM Residency Program Director
Bayhealth Medical Center
Director for Family Med Residency Program in the …
Appalachian Regional Medical Associates
Seeking Core Faculty for NEW Oconee / Clemson Fam…
Greenville Health System
Family Medicine Physician-Core Faculty
Faculty Opportunity with the Virginia Tech Carili…