- AltaMed Health Services
- Los Angeles
- Job type
- Full-Time, Residency
- Salary not disclosed
AltaMed Health Services
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job ID 2018-6918
Location US-CA-Los Angeles
AltaMed seeks an experienced Residency Program Director to build and oversee AltaMed's Family Medicine Residency Program. The Program Director will have the authority and accountability for the administration, management, organization, evaluation, teaching, resident supervision, precepting and, scholarship, while providing and ensuring quality clinical care and teaching (thirty percent clinical and seventy percent administrative). Under the direction of the DIO and Medical Director of Medical Education, the role will support the development of a high quality Family Medicine Residency program, in accordance with the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the Sponsoring Institution's policies. The Residency Program Director will develop, disseminate and implement policies, procedures, standards, reporting requirements, deadlines and support continuous quality program improvement. The role will assure the compliance of multiple fiscal line-item expenditures and assist with budget development, as well as any other regulatory or overseeing agency requirements. AltaMed is a private non-profit health services organization that is committed to diverse health professional leaders who are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underserved populations through outstanding education, clinical service, and community engagement.
- Leads development of and compliance with resident training policies and procedures in accordance with ACGME requirements.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and manage capital and operating budget, including availability of adequate resources and necessary professional, technical and clerical personnel, for the effective administration of the program.
- Support development and management of partnerships with academic and hospital partners.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with residency programs, student and professional health associations, medical schools, community-based organizations to expand health professions/ clinical pipeline programs for residents.
- Participates in AltaMed strategic planning efforts that support the increase of bi-lingual, culturally competent providers to AltaMed
- Responsible for developing and overseeing learning environment and ACGME competency-based curriculum for residents, staff, and faculty on didactic and clinical education.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state regulations, laws and policies and makes program modifications as needed.
- Physician with current American Board of Family Medicine certification and an active unrestrictive CA license to practice Family Medicine by the Medical Board of California.
- A minimum of five years of clinical experience in Family Medicine
- At least two years of documented educational Residency Program experience in an ACGME-or AOA accredited Family Medicine residency program required.
- At least three years of management experience required.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university program in Public Health, Business or Health Care Administration, or other related fields preferred.
- Prior budget management experience preferred.
- Prior development of university partnerships and program funding sources (grants) preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/q8dydh2qybg659c9
More search results
Director for Family Med Residency Program in the …
Appalachian Regional Medical Associates
Seeking Core Faculty for NEW Oconee / Clemson Fam…
Greenville Health System
Family Medicine Physician-Core Faculty
Faculty Opportunity with the Virginia Tech Carili…
Assistant/Associate Professor of Family and Commu…
Northeast Ohio Medical University