Board Certified Family Medicine Hospitalist
- Burlington, VT
- Position 00024762
- Family Physician
- Job type
- Salary commensurate with experience
Assistant/Associate/ Professor of Family Medicine
The Department of Family Medicine at the University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine and The University of Vermont Medical Center is seeking a board certified/eligible Hospitalist to join the full-time faculty. This appointment at the University of Vermont will be at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor level in the Clinical Scholar Pathway commensurate with experience.
The faculty member will serve as an academic hospitalist with a focus on clinical-education in the section of Hospital Medicine.
- Providing adult and newborn inpatient and transitional care
- Providing consultative care and medical co-management to other hospitalized patients
- Teaching, evaluating and mentoring medical students, Resident physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers
- Participating in divisional and departmental efforts to improve patient safety, quality of care and medical education
- Champion of working in and collaboration within an interdisciplinary setting
- MD or DO degree
- Board Certified/Eligibility in Family Medicine, or Combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- ACLS, NRP, PALS certification
- Career experiences relevant to the position
- Record of engagement and excellence in teaching, quality, and service
- Ability to collaborate and contribute as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to a career in academic Hospital Medicine and Family Medicine
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their teaching, scholarship and/or service. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they have worked toward diversity and inclusion in previous positions and will further this goal at the University of Vermont. The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. The University encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution.
Located in Burlington, the University of Vermont and the University of Vermont Medical Center serve as Vermont’s only academic medical center, and provides tertiary care to patients from Vermont and northern New York. Burlington is a vibrant community located on the shores of Lake Champlain, between the Adirondack and Green Mountains. With year-round recreational opportunities, safe communities and excellent schools; this progressive community has been frequently cited as one of the most livable cities in the US. Additional information about The University of Vermont Medical Center and the Department of Family Medicine can be obtained at:
Please prepare a detailed introductory cover letter summarizing your qualifications, expertise and prior contributions to inclusive excellence, a curriculum vitae and names and contact information for three references, and apply online at https://www.uvmjobs.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Any questions regarding this opportunity may be directed to Thomas Peterson, MD, Search Committee Chair, Department of Family Medicine, 235 Rowell Building, 106 Carrigan Drive, Burlington, Vermont 05405; or via email at: Thomas.Peterson@uvmhealth.org