- FACULTY POSITIONS
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Decatur Family Medicine Residency Program
- Help those who need you!---The SIU Decatur Family Medicine Residency Program is based in a newly formed FQHC targeted to provide access and help to those who need you most.
- Teach the next generation!---The residency is a 35 year old well supported program with five residents per year based in Decatur, IL. The program is affiliated with Decatur Memorial Hospital, one block away. Due to our affiliation with SIU, we have access to many resources at the school and also participate in medical student rotations.
- Practice true continuity!--- Core faculty positions practice in the outpatient setting in the FQHC and also provide care to the practice’s patients at Decatur Memorial Hospital. OB is desirable, but optional.
- Low cost of living!--- Decatur is a thriving Central Illinois community with a low cost of living. Great inexpensive housing, good schools, nice parks and plenty of area activities are available. Per bankrate.com compared to Chicago, the cost of living is 23.15% less in Decatur.
- Competitive academic salary and great benefits!--- This position is within the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, based in Springfield; however, you will practice and live in Decatur, IL as part of the residency. This residency program is one of four regionally based training programs within the SIU Department of Family and Community Medicine. The salary and benefits are very competitive.
- Great faculty team!--- The residency has five core board certified family physicians working as a faculty team. We also have four advanced practice providers and one behaviorist. We are looking for three faculty physicians to expand and build the program.
- Beautiful building!--- We recently moved into a 38,000 square foot building with 36 exam rooms, two procedure rooms, multiple conference rooms and computer work room. We also have an EHR.
- We encourage and value diversity!--- SIU School of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
- Decatur is ranked #1 in Illinois for best places in the nation for physicians and surgeons.
o The applicant must be board certified in Family Medicine and licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois.
o Interest in academics is required.
- For consideration, please apply at www.siumed.edu/hr and upload a letter of interest and curriculum vitae. Questions should be directed to Jessie Junker, MD at email@example.com, 217.872.0850.
- For additional information on the program, visit https://www.siumed.edu/fcm/decatur
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
More search results
Delivering Family Physician and Residency Core Fa…
Erie Family Health Centers
Family Medicine Faculty Jobs in Olympia, WA
Provider Solutions + Development
FSU Family Medicine Residency Program at Winter H…
BayCare Medical Group
FAMILY MEDICINE RESIDENCY FACULTY INPATIENT SERVI…
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (Kaiser Permanente Northern California)
FM Residency Program Director
Bayhealth Medical Center