UConn Health Faculty in Hartford, CT
The University of Connecticut (UConn) School of Medicine seeks Family Medicine physician for full-time faculty position as Assistant/Associate Professor. Asylum Hill Family Medicine Center (AHFMC) serves as the Department’s only residency and faculty ambulatory care practice. AHFMC is located in Hartford, CT directly across from Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, our inpatient teaching hospital. We are an accredited 7/7/7 Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Practice full-scope family medicine withOB privileges preferred but not required.
- Teach, evaluate and administer structured experiences for residents and medical students through methods such as didactic lectures, small group seminars, precepting, and clinical bedside teaching on the inpatient service.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement projects and faculty development activities.
- Work alongside a multi-disciplinary and experienced staff and faculty, including Behavioral Health providers, PharmD, and Medical Informatics experts.
- Full-time commitment includes night call and weekend rounding on a shared rotation.
- Interested candidates should possessexceptional patient care and teaching skills, with acommitment to academic medical student/resident education.
UConn Health is located in Farmington, CT, mid-way between New York City and Boston, and within commuting distance of New Haven. UConn Health is a growing organization composed of the schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine; Graduate Programs in Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, and Clinical and Translational Research; the UConn John Dempsey Hospital; and the faculty practice.
The University of Connecticut School of Medicine will be adding new faculty members over the next few years as part of an exciting new initiative (Bioscience Connecticut), which also includes a new state of the art patient care hospital.